Saturday 18 September 2010

Deluxe Malteaser Traybake and S'more Parcels

Camping has always been a cold experience for me and so something incredibly chocolately is always needed for energy about 4 o’clock. This year, it was also someone’s birthday and so I decided to try out a Deluxe Malteaser Traybake which I had found on the Goddess’ Kitchen page who in turn had got it from Ruth’s Kitchen Experiment. It was incredibly rich, looked very yummy but was probably a bit sweet for most of the boys, although this meant the girls all got second dibs for once!


As I had a couple of digestives left and was bringing marshmallows, I decided to see if I could make some American campfire treats – S’mores. Traditionally, you toast a marshmallow until soft and then squidge between two graham crackers (closest UK equivalent is digestive biscuits I think) with a piece of chocolate. This creates a homemade wagon wheel (yeehaw!)


I’ve always felt this would be a bit tricky in the dark and so I decided to pre-make some S’more packages for the barbie. These were basically digestive sandwiches with a filling of chopped marshmallow and Nutella. I then packaged each sandwich up in a neat foil package (tight at the edges) and then sat these on the cooling bbq at the end of the night.



These worked a treat and I’ve even made them at home since we’ve been back. These will also be perfect for Bonfire Night.



No comments:

Post a Comment